DIY ANKARA CHOKER

07:00

Currently watching.... MTV SHUGA :beyond south


The joys of spring cleaning ! I found this Ankara material I bought years ago among my forgotten sewing supplies. Initially when I bought this fabric from a local African store, I wanted to use it for a DIY maxi skirt. I however got busy, forgot all about it and only dug it out when I needed an Ankara print scarf. The trend for chokers is so in right now, and I love how they spice up any look and add an edgy vibe to any look.
Mudder Black Velvet Choker Necklaces Lace Gothic Tattoo Stretch Choker Leather Pendant Necklace,10 Pieces
SOURCE PINTEREST
Image result for diy choker
SOURCE: GOOGLE

 In this post, I'm using this gorgeous material for making my own DIY choker and I apologize in advance for this lengthy post (5 minute read) but hope you find it useful.

What you will need:
Fabric of your choice- (lace, denim, Ankara or just plain)
Button (method of fastening)
Tape Measure
Scissors
Needle and thread

HOW TO DO IT:

STEP 1: Measure fabric to desired length and width of choker using your tape measure and cut. 
STEP 2: I wanted my choker to have frayed edges so I pull threads from edges to desired amount of fraying on both sides of the choker.
STEP 3: Sew button to one side of the choker and cut button hole on the opposite side of the choker. then sew around the button hole to secure the hole and reduce fraying like this:
Related image
STEP 4: Fasten Choker and voila!! You better WERK and show the world your skills. 

image result for diy choker ankara denim

Here is a visual of my choker and just in case the way I explained is unclear, a video tutorial here:


Stay Stylish 
Slimthick...xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form